With so many delicious dishes taking up the Thanksgiving table, the veggies can sometimes get overlooked. Here’s a vegetable dish packed with flavor and nutrition for your family to get excited about!
Roast Root Vegetables
20 minutes to prepare, 50 minutes to cook
What I need for 6-8 servings:
- 1 large turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 4 shallots or 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, whole
Begin by heating your oven to 400F. Once you have peeled all your vegetables try to dice them in similar sized cubes so they will all cook at a similar speed. Aim for about a 1-inch cube.
Toss all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl like our MELON® Red bowl before transferring them to a large roasting pan.
Roast your veggies in the oven for 50 minutes, taking care to stir them twice during cooking.